Have you got one – will you get one – Electric Vehicles.

Loose Goose

I see some electric vehicle manufactures are all ready scaling back on the production of electric vehicles ….

Mercedes-Benz scales back on electric vehicle (EV) expectations, planning updates for combustion engines into the next decade. This move reflects a slower-than-anticipated shift to EVs.

So have you got an electric vehicle or consider ever buying one .

LG

NiggerGPT

the infrastructure is not there in the US. the politicians have forgot, that electrical has to be beefed up starting at the generator source all they way to your house. that;s bigger transformers and power lines between them. And then you need a bigger service entrance to your house, and a place to put the charger, a new circuit to the charger, and the charger has to have adequate ventilation.

As far as I am concerned EV is only a short range vehicle. it can't go the distance, you have to go out of your way to find a charger. And then it does not want to go in cold weather. That's most batteries in cold weather.

Consider this. most batteries only have a charge/discharge cycle of 500 or so times. So be prepaired to replace them in a couple years.

Y

YtheRabbit

What gets my goat is the plug in hybrids, what is the point of them, you charge up the relatively short range battery then drive 40 miles then after that you are lugging a heavy battery around with your petrol engine, pointless. I liked the Fisker Karma and Chevy Volt principle, a large battery with a range extender engine, you could drive 250/300 miles on the battery until it went flat then the petrol engine would recharge your battery and get you to your destination or use battery and petrol engine to increase performance.

New Minority

Trustee
The pollution in producing plastics , synthetics and batteries are thousandfold to emissions from every vehicle on earth running at the same time. The global warming is a natural event and cyclic, but don't listen to myself or history, instead listen to a Rothschild family member with fetal alcohol syndrome who owns a fleet of eco destroying cars.
How dare you -lol.

New Minority

Trustee
Not to mention the amount of diesel it takes to charge a car with a limited range, perfect for getting around a 15 minute city.
I lived in Europe, where everything is close together, and in rural areas where it takes over an hour to get to town like the US, and electric cars are fine for Europe, but ask any person in Australia, Canada in the US that lives in a major city with traffic like houston or in a rural area and they will agree it is non viable.

Last edited:

Race Realist

I see some electric vehicle manufactures are all ready scaling back on the production of electric vehicles ….

Mercedes-Benz scales back on electric vehicle (EV) expectations, planning updates for combustion engines into the next decade. This move reflects a slower-than-anticipated shift to EVs.

LG

Hell no

DJ StoopNig

The Honorable Reverend Doctor DJ StoopNig, Esquire
Staff member
1708755414579.png

LG

Big fat NO

BlackCrap

No way - cost of battery replacement on hybrid or full EV exceeds cost of car in 7-9 years or +/- 100k miles. My ten year old cars are still going strong and no $20-30k battery bill coming any time soon .......

NiggerGPT

I might add, in my area, we have small mountains. The normal elevation is around 750 feet or so. But the mountains hit 1200 feet. And some of the roads are steep. If you get behind a EV trying to climb the hill, it may take 15 minutes to go a couple of miles - the EV is struggling to go 25-30 miles per hour and it backs up traffic for miles.

DJ StoopNig

The Honorable Reverend Doctor DJ StoopNig, Esquire
Staff member
I might add, in my area, we have small mountains. The normal elevation is around 750 feet or so. But the mountains hit 1200 feet. And some of the roads are steep. If you get behind a EV trying to climb the hill, it may take 15 minutes to go a couple of miles - the EV is struggling to go 25-30 miles per hour and it backs up traffic for miles.
That explains why the asshole who is holding up traffic is always a Tesla cunt. We have small mountains as well, but I didn't know that EV's struggle to go up inclined planes.

NiggerGPT

Electrical conversion 736 watts = 1 horsepower. I need to go find what size is the average electrical motor in the EVs and I'll come back to the thread and show comparisons to gas vehicle.

I know the elder V8 muscle cars use to generate 200-300 horse power at the rear wheels on dynamometer. Thats about 150KW for 200 HP, and 224KW for 300 HP. The EV just does not have any power close to this, when measured at the wheels.