Set your VCRs šŸ¤£

DePlasmatikon Gibs

Jr. Administration
Staff member
Supported by Visit Rwanda, RwandAir and Martell likkers. That's some fine sponsorship right there...

n1.jpg

n2.jpg

n3.jpg
:Drink:

Jenkem Jenkins

Do people still use VCR's?
I'm a retro tech freak myself, I have a VCR in storage somewhere. Hopefully a couple of belts have rotted away because I really just like fixing them more than using them to watch vhs tapes.. I think the only tape I have left is Pitch Black (one of my favorite movies) but what I plan on doing is taking DVDs of other favorites and recording them on to tape, which means I have to bypass the copy protection on whatever recorder I end up using but that's just part of the fun. You'll never catch me streaming anything on Fagflix or Gaylu or any of these other niggerloving faggotloving streaming services

I'm a retro tech freak myself, I have a VCR in storage somewhere. Hopefully a couple of belts have rotted away because I really just like fixing them more than using them to watch vhs tapes.. I think the only tape I have left is Pitch Black (one of my favorite movies) but what I plan on doing is taking DVDs of other favorites and recording them on to tape, which means I have to bypass the copy protection on whatever recorder I end up using but that's just part of the fun. You'll never catch me streaming anything on Fagflix or Gaylu or any of these other niggerloving faggotloving streaming services
šŸ˜physical media. Iā€™m mainly into 33rpmā€™s.
I have about 150 45s

Jenkem Jenkins

I have about 150 45s
Oh I have vinyl out the ass, no player though. The one I had destroyed a dollar test record from a thrift store I put on it, probably a bad needle but I just ended up giving it to a vinyl nerd buddy a while ago for repair and never asked for it back.

My mother was a vinyl nut and had pretty much everything Pink Floyd ever made on vinyl, including a rare Division Bell record that was transparent blue. After she wuz dayed I acquired it all, I plan to sell it but not before I figure a way to put it all on my computer in FLAC format for ultimate vinyl quality retention. Yes I know it won't be as good, no I don't care. It's still WAY better than CD quality or converting youtube videos to mp3. I like physical media but if I can avoid the hassle and get my digital copies within 95% of the quality I'm happy.

Dred Scott

Do they call it the "Trace awards" because there is not even a trace of talent?

I could go to the zoo and head straight to the ape enclosure and see the same thing, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't stick around for 5 hours.

sxng9

Trustee
I like physical media but if I can avoid the hassle and get my digital copies within 95% of the quality I'm happy.
100% on this! This is why I never buy digital videos or digital music (if I can avoid it). Legit physical copies are the way to go, whether it's CD, DVD, Blu Ray... heck even magnetic tape format such as VCR or cassette tape. Sadly, the future of physical media will be going away soon and it will be all digital (probably to align with the 'fake' global climate crisis to reduce footprint and/or a way to track everyone's spending). Even Best Buy will do away with physical DVD/Blu Rays starting next year. Also, if you don't think it'll stop there, Amazon (among many other online retailers) will also be pushing their agenda for reducing carbon footprint, meaning that sellers on Amazon will have to prove that they're reducing carbon footprints and you can expect many things to go 100% digital (where possible). For those holding physical media, you'd want to keep those, as they'll be holding their value (or go higher in value) in the next 20 or so years.

1697404137776.png

G

Greasemonkey

Oh I have vinyl out the ass, no player though. The one I had destroyed a dollar test record from a thrift store I put on it, probably a bad needle but I just ended up giving it to a vinyl nerd buddy a while ago for repair and never asked for it back.

My mother was a vinyl nut and had pretty much everything Pink Floyd ever made on vinyl, including a rare Division Bell record that was transparent blue. After she wuz dayed I acquired it all, I plan to sell it but not before I figure a way to put it all on my computer in FLAC format for ultimate vinyl quality retention. Yes I know it won't be as good, no I don't care. It's still WAY better than CD quality or converting youtube videos to mp3. I like physical media but if I can avoid the hassle and get my digital copies within 95% of the quality I'm happy.
My husband has all Pink Floyd, Status Quo and Rolling Stones.

G

Greasemonkey

I have about 150 45s
I've just said to Jenks my husband has Floyd, QUO and and The Stones but he has a load of 33's and about 50 78's from his parents. I've seen your decks and they look pretty good.

G

Greasemonkey

When it comes to circumventing any protection on anything my husband is the one to talk to he's a bit naughty in that department, we stream all sorts of stuff for free.

Or better yet get a new turntablešŸ˜†

100% on this! This is why I never buy digital videos or digital music (if I can avoid it). Legit physical copies are the way to go, whether it's CD, DVD, Blu Ray... heck even magnetic tape format such as VCR or cassette tape. Sadly, the future of physical media will be going away soon and it will be all digital (probably to align with the 'fake' global climate crisis to reduce footprint and/or a way to track everyone's spending). Even Best Buy will do away with physical DVD/Blu Rays starting next year. Also, if you don't think it'll stop there, Amazon (among many other online retailers) will also be pushing their agenda for reducing carbon footprint, meaning that sellers on Amazon will have to prove that they're reducing carbon footprints and you can expect many things to go 100% digital (where possible). For those holding physical media, you'd want to keep those, as they'll be holding their value (or go higher in value) in the next 20 or so years.

View attachment 34746
I noticed they didnā€™t mention vinyl. They donā€™t have much anyway so they may get rid of that too

Jenkem Jenkins

View attachment 34746
Can't say I didn't see it coming but that sure hurts to see. Just like how apparently Steam isn't supporting Windows 7 anymore. The new era of technology is being forced upon us whether we like it or not.
I love Windows 7, I know it better than any other distro, and I still use it on two of my main PCs, but it seems everyone is forcing Windows 10 or 11 on us, not just Microsoft as you'd expect. At least with physical media as long as we have the proper hardware it will still work, but if the Gretas of the world get their way all physical media will be commandeered and recycled into God knows what, and anyone caught with it will be put into prison and reeducated on carbon footprints and whatnot. Over my dead body I say!

Jenkem Jenkins

My husband has all Pink Floyd, Status Quo and Rolling Stones.
As sxng9 said, hold on to that. In the next 20 years it'll be as rare as a hard working nigger without a criminal record. I plan on selling my vinyl, but it won't be any time soon, just like my SNES and PS2 and all the games for them. Eventually a working SNES will be worth 20 grand, and the owners of them will be hunted down by enviro-fascist militant groups because they consume too much electricity and are made out of "dead dinosaurs"