Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Has anyone played Skyrim?

I am pretty much new to XBox and gaming. Skyrim was a downloadable game on my XBox. I can't figure out what I am supposed to do after he part they try to chop my head off and the dragon appears. I have ran all over the courtyard, up the stairs, and can't find what's next.
    THIS COLOR MEANS FORUM STAFF POST, NO MESSING AROUND
    Normal color means it's me, feel free to argue.

There are niggers who are willing to use violence to get what they want, and in order to stop them they need to be met with greater violence.

-Outraged-

The Voice of Basket Cases
    Kalamazoo, MI (niggers put the Zoo in Kalamazoo)

I used to play Skyrim like you, but then I took an arrow to the coon.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16

"To a nigger cost and value are one and the same thing which is why they are unable to distinguish between someone who is rich and someone who just temporarily has a lot of disposable income."-Leeroy Jenkem

Did you jump through the hole that the dragon blew in the side of the tower? Jump on top of the inn through that hole and run into the street. Hadvar will tell you to follow him to Helgen Keep. Make sure you keep up with him; otherwise, you have to find it yourself. You might want to think about following a playthrough on YouTube.

The game is awesome, IMO. Just a few days ago, I said I got bored with it and wanted something else to play. Got Starcraft 2 and was so underwhelmed that I went right back to Skyrim and am enjoying the hell out of it again. I'm a level 40 Nord that specializes in both one and two-handed with heavy armor. I'm branching out now to try and max out all other perks that I ignored before: enchanting, conjuration, restoration, alchemy, etc. Encountered my very first Elder Dragon in the wild today, w00t!

If you have any other questions, just drop me a PM or post it here. Again, I think you'll really like it once you get the gameplay down pat.

Quote Originally Posted by CTYT View Post
    Did you jump through the hole that the dragon blew in the side of the tower? Jump on top of the inn through that hole and run into the street. Hadvar will tell you to follow him to Helgen Keep. Make sure you keep up with him; otherwise, you have to find it yourself. You might want to think about following a playthrough on YouTube.

The game is awesome, IMO. Just a few days ago, I said I got bored with it and wanted something else to play. Got Starcraft 2 and was so underwhelmed that I went right back to Skyrim and am enjoying the hell out of it again. I'm a level 40 Nord that specializes in both one and two-handed with heavy armor. I'm branching out now to try and max out all other perks that I ignored before: enchanting, conjuration, restoration, alchemy, etc. Encountered my very first Elder Dragon in the wild today, w00t!

If you have any other questions, just drop me a PM or post it here. Again, I think you'll really like it once you get the gameplay down pat.
    Cool thanks. I only played it for ten minutes, and I just got the Xbox. It is certainly more involved than the Wii. I have been doing the racing game and I finally won a race first place, the first few times I was last every one. I also have a few call of dutys and it looks like its all about practice, and reading the directions.

There are niggers who are willing to use violence to get what they want, and in order to stop them they need to be met with greater violence.

-Outraged-

What character are you playing and what perks do you plan to rely on? If you're a melee', I can give you some advice that I ignored early in the game, but turned out to be very beneficial later. Making newbie mistakes is part of the game and will make you a better gamer, but it helps to know about these things from the onset instead of wondering WTF when you're not progressing to your liking.

As for a mage character, my knowledge is fairly limited; but, I imagine I could still give you a few advices that would help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by CTYT View Post
    What character are you playing and what perks do you plan to rely on? If you're a melee', I can give you some advice that I ignored early in the game, but turned out to be very beneficial later. Making newbie mistakes is part of the game and will make you a better gamer, but it helps to know about these things from the onset instead of wondering WTF when you're not progressing to your liking.

As for a mage character, my knowledge is fairly limited; but, I imagine I could still give you a few advices that would help you out.
    I just built a character with the cat head. I am trying to figure out how to get my hands unbound. I am going to read online

I jumped through the hole, followed the guy, got my hands untied, searched the chests, got a sword, had a fight, and now I am searching barrels. Killed some spiders, ......
    Last edited by Tusk; 12-24-2012 at 08:33 AM.

-Outraged-

When you get more into gaming get Dark Souls. You'll thank me

Quote Originally Posted by captaincoontact View Post
    One of the great things about Skyrim and the Elder Scrolls series in general is that the games are very open-ended. You can pretty much do whatever you want and quest/level however it suits you. In Skyrim, there are set storylines which you'll come across like the main story about the Dragonborn, the Empire vs. Nords story, Thieves Guild, etc, but it's your choice if you want to do them. You can ride around, kill shit and pick flowers. There's no right or wrong way to do things.
    What I would like the story line to be is I have to eliminate all the mid evil niggers to keep them from breeding and infecting the rest of humanity all throughout history.

-Outraged-

Quote Originally Posted by captaincoontact View Post
    You can ride around, kill shit and pick flowers. There's no right or wrong way to do things.
    Funny you say that because that's exactly what I'm doing right now Trying to get alchemy to 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskegee View Post
    What I would like the story line to be is I have to eliminate all the mid evil niggers to keep them from breeding and infecting the rest of humanity all throughout history.

Well if memory serves me, you do get a quest to help a nigger(Redguard) but have the option to kill or turn her in at some point. It was fun killing the Redguards. You are getting the game at a good point. All the bugs early on were very frustrating.

I wouldn't go looking up the quests online. Use the compass to lead you to a waypoint if you must. Part of the fun of these games is the exploration and figuring out of things. Otherwise the game amounts to nothing more than an interactive book.