PDA

View Full Version : A Question for members in New Jersey

lilywhitelady
07-10-2008, 04:46 AM
Back in the 70's when I was in high school (in Chattanooga, Tn) I made friends with a new girl from New Jersey, she used to call niggers "Buffas" or either "Buftas"
Has anyone in New England ever heard niggers referred to as this? And how did this term come about?

Soulja Boon
07-10-2008, 04:49 AM
I've heard of the term "Boofer" and I've used it before. Could it be similar?

lilywhitelady
07-10-2008, 04:51 AM
P.S.
My reason for asking is because I had never heard this term until I met her, and I haven't heard this word since the 1970's.

lilywhitelady
07-10-2008, 04:52 AM
I've heard of the term "Boofer" and I've used it before. Could it be similar?
Yes, that could be the correct term? Do you know how this word came about?

Monkeyslap
07-10-2008, 10:21 AM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boofer

"1. boofer

n. A black person
Many boofers can jump high and play basketball very well."

"5. boofer

A boofer is derogatory slang. Litterally it stands for a person who has participated in so much anal sex that as a result that anus is so loose when they fart all you hear is a faint boooooof. This term is extensivly used in Providence, RI by the CW"

treblemaker
07-10-2008, 12:01 PM
I'm born and raised in Jersey (since moved to escape the smell lol) ..........

Moolie ( short for the Italian word for eggplant or 'moulinyan' ) and Titsoon (which means 'charcoal briquette' ) are the most common used nigger terms there..........

I've never heard of 'Boofer' though.........

:ape

The Bobster
07-10-2008, 05:30 PM
I grew up in NJ and we just called them niggers. New Yawkers would call them Moolies (Italian influence).

OPERA96
07-12-2008, 05:42 PM
"Buffa" is an Italilan word with many subtle meanings, each of which pertains to a fool ( buffoon) or comedy (as in "Opera Buffa"). Regardless of how the word is used it always refers to something that is not to be taken seriously.

Maleficarum
07-12-2008, 06:14 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boofer

"1. boofer

n. A black person
Many boofers can jump high and play basketball very well."

"5. boofer

A boofer is derogatory slang. Litterally it stands for a person who has participated in so much anal sex that as a result that anus is so loose when they fart all you hear is a faint boooooof. This term is extensivly used in Providence, RI by the CW"

::rofl::rofl

Cameo
07-13-2008, 10:07 AM
I had thought that it referred to their hair looking like the brillo pads on the machines that are used to buff waxed floors. I'm probably wrong, because the word probably pre-dates this kind of flooring. Aren't the origins of most word's meanings and sources just urban legends anyways? They kind of mean what enough people decide that they mean at a given time. Languages just kind of happened, without being put into place by controlling central director(s).

Ore
07-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Though not Italian myself, I grew up in a part of the Bronx that was mostly Italian before it went nigger.

There are lots of New York Italian words that don't necessarily mean 'nigger' that come in handy when talking about niggers.

One I always liked was 'stroonz'. Well it was pronounced that way. It means 'turd'. :lol