PDA

View Full Version : A joke my grandfather told me that I don't quite get.

scififan
09-11-2011, 01:33 AM
One time he told a joke where he said something about finding a nigger in a woodshed. Does anyone know what he was referring to or has anyone heard of this joke before?

I laughed because it sounded funny. But I did not quite fully comprehend it 100%.

Woden
09-11-2011, 01:41 AM
http://books.google.com/books?id=5eiCbrmVx6QC&lpg=PA135&ots=Fb00A36ENq&dq=nigger%20in%20the%20woodshed&pg=PA135#v=onepage&q=nigger%20in%20the%20woodshed&f=false

scififan
09-11-2011, 01:41 AM
It is nigger in the wookshed.

Meaning that the person they are talking about has a little bit of nigger in them or is not what they claim to be IE mexican, indian or spanish.

Oh ok. Thanks for clearing that up. Though I am sure that is an old joke.

Outraged
09-11-2011, 01:44 AM
I have always heard "nigger in the wood pile" is used to mean that a male employee or slave was working outside in a wood pile or something and came in to have sex with the lady of the house when the man went away....She got pregnant and has a black child...a black piece of wood mixed in with the white pieces in the genes.

Horatio Nelson
09-11-2011, 02:02 AM
It's a nigger in the woodpile. It means that when you are doing something well and you have one individual that fucks it up (the lame is the nigger in the woodpile), or if everyone's trying to be incognito about something and someone blabs (the snitch is the nigger in the woodpile). Basically if everyone is on one page and one person involved with them fucks it up they are the proverbial nigger in the woodpile!

Outraged
09-11-2011, 02:06 AM
I did some research on the Internet......David Cameron was dragged into a race row last night after one of his frontbenchers made an unfortunate remark during a House of Lords debate. Lord Dixon-Smith, the Tory spokesman for communities and local government, referred to concerns about government housing legislation as the “nigger in the woodpile”.......The phrase described fugitive slaves who hid in piles of firewood as they fled persecution in the American Deep South in the mid-19th century.

Outraged
09-11-2011, 02:48 AM
Johnny Rebel has a song, nigger hatin me, that uses that phrase. Here is a link to the lyrics. Great song!http://www.lyrics007.com/Johnny%20Rebel%20Lyrics/Niger%20Hatin%20Me%20Lyrics.html

Whitey Ford
09-11-2011, 06:08 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/82/The_Nigger_in_the_Woodpile.jpg

Macumazahn
09-11-2011, 09:04 AM
I always understood the phrase "nigger in the woodpile" to mean that a person had some relatively small amount of nigger ancestry that they did not acknowledge.

Abort & Deport
09-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Urban dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Nigger%20in%20the%20wood%20pile) has an interesting explanation.

scififan
09-11-2011, 01:32 PM
It's a nigger in the woodpile. It means that when you are doing something well and you have one individual that fucks it up (the lame is the nigger in the woodpile), or if everyone's trying to be incognito about something and someone blabs (the snitch is the nigger in the woodpile). Basically if everyone is on one page and one person involved with them fucks it up they are the proverbial nigger in the woodpile!

That makes sense. Niggers usually fuck things up.

Greatmcwhite
09-11-2011, 03:53 PM
I always understood the phrase "nigger in the woodpile" to mean that a person had some relatively small amount of nigger ancestry that they did not acknowledge.

This was always my understanding of the term. Could also be used the same as rotten apple spoiling the whole barrel full.

:woodpile:chimp:woodpile:ac:woodpile

GasMaskedHater
09-12-2011, 03:17 AM
Welp, I found a new phrase for when something feels suspicious!

Outraged
09-12-2011, 04:39 AM
A lady on a yahoo thread wrote that when she was a young girl, her grandmother would brush her hair every night. When ever she would come across a snarl, the grandmother would call it a nigger in the wood pile.It seems to me anything that's not right, or causes difficulties to humans, could be considered a nigger in the wood pile.